Last updated: July 2018
Introduction and Scope
The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information via the Sites from visitors in this age group. We do, however, collect information about children and babies from their parents or legal guardians. We ask that our Site visitors not provide information about a baby or child without first getting the parents’ or legal guardians’ consent. By providing personal information on the Sites regarding a baby or child, you are affirming that you are legally authorized to do so. We encourage parents and legal guardians to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose to the Sites or any other web sites.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you to analyze visits to our Site and learn about the interests of our visitors in the aggregate and also on a personal level. We may personalize and customize the Site with references to products or educational information that we believe may be of interest to you based on your previous interactions, information you have provided to us, or information about you that we have collected from third-party sources. Your interests could come from several sources, including your browsing activity and your response to online advertisements. In such circumstances, third parties collect and store data about your interests and online activity.
We collect information from you in several different ways when you interact with our Sites:
- Active Information Collection: You actively send information to us when you sign-up as a member on a Site, participate in surveys or promotions, post in our community, respond to us or otherwise contact us. Depending on your choices, you may send us personally identifiable information about yourself and/or your baby(ies) such as your email address, name, mailing address, phone number, birthday, and gender, as well as your baby’s due date/birthday, name and gender. Depending on what activity you choose to participate in on our Site, you may be asked for additional information, including health or insurance information. At all times, you determine what information you want to actively share with us.
- Passive Information Collection: We also collect information about how you use our Sites through web log files, cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels and similar technologies. Additionally, when you visit our Sites from a desktop computer, tablet or mobile device, we may collect certain information about your device such as browser type and version, IP address, location information and device identifier.
We collect information about you because we want to determine what you may like or find interesting and so we can provide you with targeted information and advertising either directly or through one of our advertising partners (on our Site, in newsletters, via email and otherwise). In addition, we use data to create statistics and reports where personally identifiable information has been removed and aggregated (such that it is anonymous with respect to any specific user).
- Security: Cookies help us authenticate you. For example, when you login to our Site, we set a cookie in your browser so that we can recognize you the next time you visit the Site from the same browser.
- Sites/Services: Cookies help us recognize you and store your Site preferences while using our Sites.
We can only access the cookies that we have stored in your browser and other organizations can never access the cookies that we have stored.
How We Share Information
We keep your information confidential and we generally do not disclose it. But, please note the following clarifications and exceptions:
- Our employees and authorized independent contractors (“authorized personnel”) may have access to your personally identifiable information for the purpose of helping us run our business (and not for their own, independent purposes, unless you consent to such use). Authorized personnel access and use such data in accordance with our instructions, on a “need to know” basis, and under defined confidentiality and security obligations.
- We may share your personally identifiable information to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders or other legal process or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or respond to illegal activities, fraud, physical threats to you or others or as otherwise required by any applicable law or regulation.
- Even though we do not provide any personally identifiable information about you specifically to any advertising customers without your consent, they can occasionally find out information indirectly. For example, we frequently agree on target audiences for particular ads (for example, an advertiser may ask us to send certain information on infant safety products to parents with small children who may be particularly interested). If you choose to respond to such targeted advertisements, the advertiser may deduce that you are a member of the target audience to whom we sent the ad.
- If you sign up for our services on a third party website, such third party may know, from you, that you signed up on one or more of the Sites.
- Before we disclose your personally identifiable data to a third party for their own business purposes (such as a survey or a sweepstake), we will first obtain your consent, for example via email, click-through, an online opportunity to opt-out or otherwise.
- We may share your personally identifiable information with authorized personnel in affiliated companies located in the U.S. or in other countries. At all times, personally identifiable information is treated confidentially.
- We freely use and disclose data in anonymous form, for example, in statistics or reports to our advertising customers and partners.
- We may partner with third parties to track the effectiveness of advertisements on our Sites. This involves matching offline purchase information (for example, through a rewards card program) with browsing information on our Site. This helps us determine when you view a particular product advertisement on our Site and subsequently make an offline purchase in a store.
Please remember that if you post any information in areas of our Sites that are generally accessible to users, such as chat rooms and message boards, it will be available to the public.
Do Not Track Signals
Web browser Do Not Track (DNT) settings are not enabled on the Sites. Therefore, no action will be taken with respect to “do-not-track” configurations in your internet browser. By default, you will receive a personalized experience while browsing our website.
You do have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our web site. Many, but not all, third parties engaged in interest based advertising participate in an industry wide self regulatory program which has developed consumer-friendly standards for interest based advertising. You can opt out of interest-based advertising offered by participating third parties. With respect to third parties that do not participate in this program, they may or may not offer a mechanism for opting out of interest based advertising.
In addition to the foregoing, you can set your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent or to refuse or delete cookies altogether, but certain features of the Sites might not work without certain cookies.
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. But, you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Sites may not be secure.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by OurBabyMiracle to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a request to our customer service team. Please allow thirty (30) days after receipt of your request for a response to be provided.
Access and Correction; Comments and Questions
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
31 Coal City Estate, Enugu
Opt-Out, Communication Preferences
You may modify your communication preferences and/or opt-out from specific communications at any time by logging into the Site and navigating to your email subscriptions.